Monday, November 12, 2007

Quiet...

I've taken a few days off after the election to "regroup". I put so much of my time, energy and heart into working to get Tom Henry elected that I think I went through some sort of emotional free fall the end of last week.

Election Day comes and goes and suddenly so many of us are left with a lot less to do... But not really, because I spent last week seeing some friends I hadn't spent time with for awhile, watching some movies with my family, sleeping, getting "back" to work at my store, reading my blogroll daily, thinking introspectively and figuring out what "projects" I want to put my energies into next.

We all need some time to rest and reflect. The result is that hopefully it will help move us forward.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I felt a "down" after we worked so hard to get Tina Taviano elected. On that hand, unfortunately she lost. Thankfully you have a win to hold on to. It is weird when we put most of our eggs into one basket for a short time and find that time over.

Thankfully the holdiays are fast approaching. I was completely lazy this weekend, know that my time will soon be surrounded by many things to accomplish.

If you find something interesting to get involved in, share, I'd love to adopt a new cause.

Marla said...

I feel down after just thinking about politics. I am proud of you for working so hard! You deserve a nice lazy time! We are hoping to come to the Learning Garden this week!

Angie said...

Sheri - So true. I can't imagine how I would've felt if Tom hadn't won. It's been a peaceful quiet... The holidays are fast approaching! Eegads! I've got my mind on a couple of projects and I will share soon.

Marla - I've been definetly been lazy in comparison. Hope to see you soon.